If you're an individual taxpayer, small business owner or self-managed super fund trustee, you can access relevant tax and super information and tools all in one place.
What you can do
Our app has many features. You can:
- log on to Online services for individuals, to:
- lodge your income tax return if you have straightforward affairs
- keep track of your income tax return and loan account balances
- view and update your personal contact and financial institution details
- view all your super accounts and transfer any of your super into one account.
- see how quickly you can pay off a tax debt with a payment plan
- search Small business assist to find information on a range of topics or book an after-hours call back
- find out if your employee is eligible for super guarantee (SG) and calculate SG contributions
- calculate fuel tax credit entitlements you can claim on your business activity statement
- determine whether your worker is an employee or contractor for tax and super purposes
- calculate the amount of tax to withhold from salary and wage payments, and
- watch videos, access checklists and visit SMSF assist for other helpful information for SMSF trustees.
Our latest app update has a new look and even more features. You can now:
- look up an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- depending on your device, set important reminders and alerts
- personalise your screen and save favourites for easy access to features you use most, and
- save app tool results within the app and share it via PDF and email.
ATO app support
The ATO app is compatible with most smart phones and tablets using:
- iOS 7 and later
- Android™ OS 4.0.3 and later
- Windows Phone 8 and later.
If you're having trouble running the app:
- Restart the app or device. This is often the quickest way to fix a problem.
- Check your device has the latest software. If your device is running on older software, the app can't take advantage of fixes your device manufacturer may have released after you purchased it.